Saturday, November 2, 2013

Sharing Spoons: I didn't do great.

But here me out.  I really shouldn't have set such lofty goals.  And I'm gonna play the MS card.

1) Physical - So for some reason, I found it necessary to set a physical goal that I have basically no control over.  I don't know if I'm pregnant, but my boobs have been sore for days (sorry) so I'm hoping that's a good sign.  At the same time, I'm not getting my hopes up cause I think I got some things confused, timing-wise.  This crap is complicated.  So let's just say October's physical goal was moot.

November goal: Keep going for walks on my lunch hour.  Whenever I was running, I was either 1) unemployed, 2) on Tysabri, or 3) both.  Now I'm working again and no longer able to take Tysabri which did wonders for my energy level. So now I'm back to being tired all.the.time.  But I have been going for walks on my lunch break and I quite enjoy them.  Even though I can't even walk for more than 10-20 minutes.

And that wasn't even the goal I'm playing the MS card on!

2) Spiritual - I was supposed to memorize James 1 in October.  It's been a while since I've tried to memorize anything and I sadly discovered that I no longer have the cognitive ability to memorize things.  At least not quickly.  So I got frustrated and quit.  Like a little baby.

November goal: Volunteer in the nursery at church.  I enjoy doing behind-the-scenes ministry work that no one really cares about.  I know the nursery isn't one of those scenarios, but I can't sing or play an instrument. However, I can change a diaper without gagging if I've had a light breakfast.

3) Emotional - This will probably be ongoing for years.  It's hard to undo 20+ years of feeling guilty about everything.  But, I will say it's better.  So I'm gonna give myself a C++ there.

November goal: To stop replaying conversations in my head and wondering if I've said something stupid or offensive.  I've never really had much of a filter, but I also tend to beat myself over every little thing I say that could've possibly been taken out of context.  Not everyone speaks sarcasm and I forget that and then chastise myself.  I need to just get over it and if they don't like it, they can go DIAF.

That was harsh.

4) Fun - Well, my goal was to make a new friend.  I did have lunch with my new co-worker and I consider her a friend.  She may not consider me one though, so B- maybe?

November goal: I've been hunting for some cognac boots.  By the end of November, I hope to have cognac boots!

And a bebe in my womb.

2 comments:

  1. I think I'm going to give you an A+++++ ;)

    And hey, your lack of a filter is one of my favorite things about you!

    Don't you ever change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you. And other than bunches of stuff I could say, =) I'll say this instead: I'm glad I'm not the only one who speaks sarcasm. You have NO IDEA how many smart alec things I've said at work to have people look at me and say, "Oh? Really?" Like I was being serious. And then it gets soooo awkward....

    ReplyDelete