Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Oh dear

So I have 11 (or less!) weeks until this bouncing baby boy arrives.

My face is mostly back to normal.  I haven't thrown up in 11 days.  Still sleeping like a log (wtf does that even mean?).

No Braxton-Hicks, just some round ligament pain.  He likes to burrow under my ribs and run his hand (foot?) down them like a xylophone.  He currently prefers to be waaaaay over on the right side, as evidenced by the doctor's difficulty in finding his heartbeat yesterday.  And while he's measuring perfectly, I have gained 9 pounds in a month.

NINE POUNDS.

Granted I'd really only gained about 4 pounds since getting pregnant.  I'd lost about 15 pounds from running and then I stopped running in August or so and gained it back.  So I'm not technically counting those pounds because I would've gained them anyway since I started working again and quit taking the MS drug that gave me the energy to actually run. 

Yes, I am rationalizing but you have to admit that I'm being rational.

AND I'm still wearing my regular pants.  And most of them fasten without a rubber band. 

I'm just really confused by these 9 pounds.  And my doctor told me to buy a scale. :(  I feel legitimately fat-shamed.

I'm gonna say that 9 pounds is boobs.  Cause talk about obscene...

My rings still fit and my belly button hasn't popped.  No stretch marks.  I am anemic (ooops), but I passed my glucose tolerance test.  It was kind of brutal.

I'm constantly out of breath.  Walking from the car to my desk finds me huffing and puffing.  I go walking when I'm not too queasy and I get so winded I can't talk.  It's a constant annoyance!

He's kicking the desk as I type this.  I've angered it.

3 comments:

  1. It's about time you put on some lbs and quit the puking! I love those little (and hefty) baby kicks...I had phantom baby kicks for months after both pregnancies. Weirdest thing ever. Now...Feed the Miles Guapo Everett something yummy and rest up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're wearing regular pants? I strongly dislike you right now. Of course, at 15 weeks I found that stretchy pants were AMAZING, so I started wearing them a wee bit early. But still. At 29 weeks, I was huuuugggeee. And gained way more than 9 pounds at that time. WAY more.

    Also, around 35 weeks, I quit wearing maternity clothes in general and wore Kyle's XL tee shirts (he had a random XXL that I loved) and his exercise shorts everywhere. That was basically all that fit. Glad she came early, cause I would have been nude by 40 weeks otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm fixing to bust out some of Matt's old t-shirts to at least sleep in! It seems like every day when I put on something for work I think, "Yep, last time I'll be able to wear this." The list of things I can wear is dwindling fast...

    ReplyDelete