Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Albums of 2014


 
Since the beginning of 2014 was a fuzzy cloud of puke, twitchy eyes, bloody lips and sciatic pain and the middle of 2014 was a baby haze of snuggles, sleep deprivation, The Hills and moving, I didn't get to really listen to any new music until I came back to work in October.  I made a playlist of these 3 albums and listen to it non-stop.
 
 
 
 
First is Banks' album Goddess. I don't normally listen to solo artists because I'm a snob, but I love her very much and when I had a cold last week, I pretended my sexy phlegm made me sound like her.
 
Read: It did not.
 
Favorite tracks
 
Someone New
Brain
Under the Table
   

 
Ok, fine.  This is a 2013 album, but I got behind during all the baby-havin.  This is Chvrches The Bones of What You Believe and I normally do NOT enjoy any kind of electronica, dream pop, yet I sincerely enjoy this album and her tiny, tiny Scottish voice.
 
Favorite tracks:
 
The Mother We Share
Recover
Tether


 
Royal Blood decided to name their album Royal Blood and I'm ok with it.  I describe them as The Black Keys meets Jack White.  Probably my favorite album of 2014
 
Favorite tracks:
 
Out of the Black
Loose Change
Ten Tonne Skeleton
 
 
I do have a "soundtrack" for the year, but it's actually quite poor and I don't enjoy it that much.  And I'll be listening to Bing Crosby and Frank Sinatra for the rest of the year. 
 
And that damn Mariah Carey song.



2 comments:

  1. I like to pretend that I sound much sexier with a cold than I do. Wishful thinking here, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh by gosh, by golly...

    Um I always look forward to this post because I get to listen to your suggestions (so if you're a year late, I'm two years late).

    ReplyDelete