Monday, March 22, 2010

back in my fleece pajamas...

i've actually been in my pajamas all day. it was a mopey day.

my brother got married saturday. i danced my arse off. probably the most fun i've had at a wedding that wasn't in october. of 2008.

and i got to hold my tiny niece all weekend.

we are cat-sitting while my bro and new sis are honeymooning. ella is a terrible hostess. but matt and i did spend a couple of hours today on the couch with a sleeping dog and sleeping cat. purring cat. biscuit-making cat.

our upstairs neighbors now have a surround sound system. shoot.off.my.face. it is dreadful.

like any responsible unemployed citizen, tomorrow i think i'll go buy some liquor.

i cannot get caught up on sleep. i was asleep before my parents even left yesterday afternoon. i basically slept til 1pm today, except for the short window of time i was awake to eat a chicken biscuit and watch an episode of "the wire." it's been a pajamas + blanket+ couch+ no makeup + apple pie for lunch kind of day.

i'll go ahead and admit i'm completely apathetic about politics. matt keeps me informed on what's going on, but it's all just a big headache to me. i'm a terrible citizen.

but my toenails are essie's "lilacism" and that is pretty much all i need to be cool.

3 comments:

  1. I'm apathetic, but mainly because I can't stand the arguing.

    I know how you feel about the good Samaritan thing. There is a huge homeless population here - I've even had a lady get in my car without my permission. I've always been very passionate and pretty merciful which was a recipe for helping people know matter what. Since I've been here, specifically being involved with social work, I've learned how many resources are truly available to people who need help, especially in big cities. There really are so many. This has caused me to believe that people in these areas really have no reason to be asking for money. They really don't. I'll give food, and only sometimes some money. But I don't respond to pushy people who scare me. This was really long, but I guess every situation is different, and there is no way to figure out a formula that will always work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I share your political views. And when people start arguing about it, I leave the room. I am ignorant and happy.

    But I do know I have never heard Alan drop the effbomb like he does when Pelosi comes on the screen

    ReplyDelete