Sunday, February 28, 2010

dumped.

i did not enjoy this week.

thursday afternoon, one of the partners at work called me into his office. my little heart sank when i saw our HR rep in there too. then the inevitable happened.

laid off.

apparently...it's a p&n tactic to hire a bunch of kids right out of school that they can pay less and kick older staff that cost them more money out the door. the partner really had no valid reason. and he sputtered and stuttered whenever i asked a question or made an earth-shatteringly valid point.

my work bff was let go too. maybe we're just too attractive...??

ella was at work with me that day. i never take ella to work. the Lord must've known i'd need my little buddy to lick my cheeks while i packed up my stuff.

i'm already bored out of my mind. my parents were here this weekend for wedding stuff, so that distracted me. and a little retail therapy with ol jan.

and my bottomless glass of sauvignon blanc at dinner friday night.

i feel like i've been dumped by a boyfriend. it's the exact same feeling. and i have the sadz.

if anyone wants to come down to new orleans and hang out, i'm totally free.

:(

p.s. i had a brunch of grits and grillades today. that combined with about 12 mimosas made my day a little less dim.

5 comments:

  1. im sorry, friend. i really, really hope you let ella pee on something before you left. we suspect alans job may be hanging by a thread too...they lay people off there like its a game. dbags. and i would loooove to hang out in NO with you. we could pretend to be food critics and get fat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw, the new pic is my all time fave of you two

    ReplyDelete
  3. What effing losers. I'm with Misti -- but I hope Ella pooed on it. And I hoped it smelled bad. And someone smeared it aaaallllll over the office.

    --Judith (because I'm too lazy to type in my long e-mail and even longer password)...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about your job =(

    I'm doing the Beth Moore Esther study right now, and just last night we were talking about how hard it is when something like this happens and we just don't understand the timing or purpose in it at all. But then God always reveals some greater plan and we realize the bad had to happen to get to the good stuff. I'm certain there's something really really good waiting for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, geez, so sorry to hear that!!!! Have you found anything else yet? I know you're going to find something even better that will make you so happy! Please let me know if there is anything I can do!!

    ReplyDelete