Thursday, July 14, 2011

Vacation Food

So Matt and I have been in Seattle on vacation this week. And while I love New Orleans food in all its fried-in-peanut-oil glory, I've loved eating some fresh, fresh West coast seafood.

These are my favorites (in order):

(also, misti, feel free to stop reading if this is going to make you eat your pillow or alan's head.)

1) The special at Serious Pie on Sunday was pizza with roasted garlic, chanterelle (sp?) mushrooms, and buffalo mozzarella. OMG. The roasted garlic was like candy. So sweet and creamy and NOM NOM NOM.

2) Ivar's crab cakes are the BEST EVER. With a stone ground mustard aioli and topped with basil/balsamic tomatoes. Holy rusted metal.

3) Shrimp cups!!! The fish market at Pike's would sell these little cups of huge shrimp drowning in a homemade cocktail sauce. We ate them twice.

And although not a food, we also visited The Juice Emporium twice for coconut, pineapple and watermelon juice. SO yummy. And healthy!

Soon will be back to the tasteless swill that manage to scrounge up so we don't starve. Saddest!!!

2 comments:

  1. As soon as I saw the title of this I thought, why would she do this to me. Haha glad you two are getting to enjoy all the good Seattle eats! Are you still there? If so try to find delancey! Gourmet pizza! On my eat list if I ever get to go to Seattle! K...gonna go eat a pound of something now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM!!!! Okay, now I'm hungry, too, lol!! I'm sooo jealous you're in Seattle! I've always wanted to go.

    ReplyDelete