Wednesday, July 27, 2011

my DIY is getting better

i've moved on from pouring paint into jars and calling it a craft to making things that are actually useful.

i used to keep all my jewelry (well, necklaces. i own like 3 bracelets) in a jewelry organizer that hung in the closet. when we moved to this house, i realized the rod in the new closets was too big for the hook on my jury thingie. so it hung on our closet door for months. until i saw this idea on pinterest.



i already had the towel rack (which was a blinding nickle silver) so i got some $5.99 shower curtain hooks from marshall's and some oil rubbed bronze spray paint.


i think i may have hung it a little high, but i have some long necklaces and i didn't want them dangling in the laundry hamper below. Dangle. Hee hee.

obligatory picture of "ella-pecia" in all her devil eyed glory.

now my coffee filter lamp has been a debacle. gluing on the filters was no problem. but when i screwed the shade on my original lamp base that was reeeeeeally skinny, it looked like a mushroom. on meth. a methroom. so i bought a plain white one at tarjay and spray painted it.

our guest bedroom has: 1) a bed, 2) a table, and 3) a chair. that's it.

oh and this lamp. it's a shame when a table lamp is the focal point of a huge bedroom.

lately i've been making tissue paper flowers like a fool but i've been too lazy to take pictures...mainly because they are lame.

it's been raining too much to run so that's how i've been spending my time. it lets my shin splints heal.

2 comments:

  1. You're a DIY beast!! I loooove that lamp. And your Ella. She really is one of the cutest dogs I have ever met. The face:carpet thing only exacerbated my feelings.

    Maybe I should actually start doing some of the stuff I pin on pinterest......otherwise it's just another magnificent waste of time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That lamp is freaking awesome. I want to make one now!!

    I have a list of things to accomplish when we finally move next month. Or start them this month. We'll see. I'm very hesitant to start decorating in case my tastes change. Decisions, decisions...

    ReplyDelete