Monday, January 23, 2012

i need cheering up

i have a case of the moonsdays.

we put an offer on (another) short sale as soon as we moved here. we were hoping to hear from the bank this week, which we did. they accepted our offer. but i forgot there's two lenders that have to approve. and the second lender could take another 30 days. and then a 45 day closing. this house is right down from the first house we put an offer on (and lost) and looks exactly the same, except it's about 200 sq ft smaller. i have a stack of paint swatches on the counter. ready to get this show in the road.

also...i have 3 headhunters but no job. funny how i'm great at attracting headhunters but not employers. *pity party alert* so i sit here alone all day in an apartment full of boxes. and while this apartment is definitely livable, i'm quite certain methuselah was the first tenant of this place. whatever color appliance came before the awesome 70s avocado is what this place is outfitted with. i don't do well in temporary situations. anxiety robs me of sleep. *ends pity party*

we did get lots of pretty snow last week though. thick, fluffy snow. and this is what i get to see when i convince myself to run up the neighboring hill.

just ready to start making portland home.

2 comments:

  1. Trying to buy a home SUCKS!!! I feel your pain. At least you're not buying and selling, though...so, something positive, right??? That and snow. It's freaking 70 degrees here. WTH???

    I'd be a baking fool if I didn't work. And about 50 lbs heavier. Cause you know I gotta taste test everything I cook...

    You need to order you some king cake. I need to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous scenery...I might exercise more if I had that greeting me outside.

    I hope the house headache ends soon and ends well, with your paint swatches getting some action in a perfect house!

    As far as cheering up, "It's really fulfilling doing something you hate. I live in a studio apartment...with two other guys...and I'm pretty sure I'mmmm infertile."

    ReplyDelete