Sunday, December 27, 2009

fleece navy dah

i'm fighting off the post-holiday blues as best i can. tree still lit. santa pj pants still on. coffee in my snowman mug. i will NOT let christmas die yet.

we flew to dallas wednesday morning. ella was a complete angel the whole time. it was her first flight and first hotel stay and she was peeerrrrfect.


her daddy held her for a while in the hotel room



and then she went to sleep.

wednesday, when the weather was great, i wore my sweater and boots. thursday when it started snowing like a cow farting styrofoam, i had on flats and no socks. major suckage. but. we had a white christmas!

we went to wal-mart and the liquor store in this blizzard. it was way cool. by we, i mean my parents, myself and my bro, jarret. we sang "let it snow" because we felt like we were giving the snow permission to fall.

ella loved the snow. i have no pics (i suckkkk) but she zoomed through the drifts and made lots of yellow snow.



clint's christmas lights glowed under the snow. it snowed so hard for a long time. i loved it with every part of my body.

a summary of christmas 2009:
- ella was airborn
-upwords
-el fenix and circle grill
-a $79/night hotel suite with two flatscreens, marble bathroom and king size bed that went on for days
-starbucks caramel apple spice...i tried it for the first time and LOVED it
-we went to starbucks a lot
-stockings hung by the chimney with care
-5 pieces of le creuset
-a Wusthof knife that'll cut your face off
-a sweet maltese that i wanted to take home with me!
-playing sudoku on the plane
-meeting a nice stranger at baggage claim

i was so glad to be in my bed last night. i slept til 10:15 without cracking an eye.

2 comments:

  1. your christmas sounds magical. your dog is unspeakably adorable. jealous of the snow. i might break into your apt and steal your le creuset. or at least bake you something with it.

    can't believe we drove to NO to watch the saints bend over to the bucs and i didn't even get to see you. that game was le crap.

    but isn't the caramel apple spice insane? it's like liquid apple pie. in my mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As soon as I heard it was snowing in Dallas for Christmas I thought of little Ella playing in the snow! You must post your new Le Creuset! I got Le Creuset french onion soup bowls...cute little things. I went to Williams Sonoma yesterday and visited my dream dutch oven and contemplated taking her home. Still trying to figure out where I would put her though.

    ReplyDelete