Saturday, December 12, 2009

through the decade: 2000-2002

i decided that since 2009 is almost over, i should dig out my scrapbooks and reminisce about what has transpired during the last 10 years.

the first few years are a little sparse mainly because 1) it was a long time ago and 2) i have a disease that inhibits my ability to recall information.

so here we go.

2000

in the year 2000, i...

-finished my last year as a JCHS Dragon
-got my first car: a 97 pontiac grand am. i loved it.
-started a new school. a private school.
-cheered
-stunted
-tumbled
-began my affinity for dating tall guys
-saw creed live. i'm so ashamed.

2001

-was junior maid on sweetheart court
-skied in coloradoooooooooo for spring break!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-wore a hot pink, fully beaded, backless dress to my jr prom
-where the dance was at a skating rink
-and my mom had to take me home
-my hair was down to the middle of my back
-got voted homecoming queen
-turned 18
-watched with rest of my senior class as the second plane crashed into the wtc...

2002

-cheerleading squad won 1st place at regionals
-went on a mission to trip to new orleans...my future home, little did i know
-did my own hair for prom
-cruised to playa del carmen and cozumel
-graduated high school
-started college at the prestigous la tech
-hated it
-went home a lot
-because i lived with my bro's girlfriend
-made my first B eveeerrrr
-saw aerosmith and stone temple pilots for my 19th birthday
-listened to the soundtrack to "a walk to remember" constantly
-had dial-up internet. and a landline. i guess they went hand in hand.

the decade got progressively better once i got to college...

3 comments:

  1. saw creed live...hahaha....i think that same year, i learned how to play "higher" on the guitar.

    *buries head in sand*

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm i think i'm going to need to see pictures. just sayin..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it crazy how much things change in just a few years? I still had a landline and dial up in 2003! I remember everyone having those Nokia cell phones with the changeable plates and accessories. Now it seems like just a few years later we have crazy speed internet and I can't live without my iPhone. I also love to look back at my pictures from Freshman and Sophomore years of college and see what we wore out to the clubs...we thought we looked so cute but now I just laugh!

    ReplyDelete