Sunday, July 26, 2009

I have been edited...

...by my dear sweet husband. please see the comments in the previous installment for "the real story" surrounding the oreos.

ANYWAY.

i've decided that since my lesion-infested brain obviously can't keep up with the chronological order of events, i'll just document the events and aforementioned husband can correct my errors.

somewhere, during our lives, we went on a double non-date with matt's roomie and his gf. to bennigan's. and to see "inside man" where i was completely entranced the whole time by jodie foster's calves.

and then...end of may...i leave for pine cove for 3 months.

without saying goodbye.

which is still a sore spot, mind you.

in my defense, i had a lot going on with my recent diagnosis and finishing my undergrad degree and preparing to be away from family and friends for the summer.

that's my story and i'm sticking to it.

matt and i did exchange a few letters and a phone call or two while i was away.

when i came back and school started again, i had another interest and he (to my surprise) also had another interest. so that love boat went ashore for a while.

my year of grad school at tech was most definitely the hardest and maybe the funnest...i didn't work, i skipped some classes, i lived with sweet alison and we'd dye each others hair and watch "friends" on dvd.

it was also the darkest time of my life...so far (JK!) i continued my habit of getting involved with guys i had no business spending time with and i felt like i didn't have matt anymore to be sort of my bright spot...

i'll save that for another post.

matt's fall quarter relationship fizzled (yay! i mean, sorry, babe) but he wasn't where he was with me before pine cove. i think life was in favor of him and his former flame and no longer in ours.

after about6 months of very sparse contact, we slowly slipped back into our pre-pine cove routine. in april of 2007, my dad and i drove all the way to tulsa to look at a car for me. i drove that bad boy home (her name is cherry darling and she is the most beautiful piece of machinery i've ever seen) and straight to ruston. and straight to matt's house.

we had our first kiss that night. it was timid yet bold at the same time. i'm sure my shock was palpable.

the next night, april 17, 2007, was our first official date as...*gulp...BOYFRIEND AND GIRLFRIEND. of course it wasn't official til it was on facebook.

cliff's notes version to get you up to the current:
- june 2: said "i love you" for the first time
-july 24: i move to new orleans for a job
-we do long distance for 5 months (gag me with a spoon)
-january 2008: matt moves to new orleans!
-valentine's day: matt proposes
- october 25, 2008: we tied that knot, fool!!!

and just fyi, no babies on the horizon. our dog is enough of a baby.


THE END

3 comments:

  1. I love the line about babies...everyone always asks us when we are going to have to children, and we always tell them "we already have a child. we don't need anymore."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers to Jodi Foster calves, first kisses and dog-babies!

    Gaggggggggg on long distance!

    So Matt has an oreo problem. Likely story, pre-filler. Ahaha! I too find it hard to separate myself from the blue bag! And now they have that nifty little freshness-sealer that keeps them good for like an extra month. Thank you Nabisco!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen to puppies as babies!!! And to birthday weddings...

    Okay, whateva...I mean, it was on MY birthday...that should count. ;)

    ReplyDelete