Tuesday, July 7, 2009

i wanna play tooo!!!

yesterday i finished her love story (jaw-dropping) and today, i started reading her love story. and i read her love story today...gah you fools are twitterpated. :D

i've always hated to be left out. so even though today i had to drink my lunch cause i couldn't find a spoon, throw out the pork chops i was gonna cook for dinner cause they smelled like dead butt and i'm now on my second individual bag of special k crackers, i want to test my writing skills and see if i can turn a lame (read: nerdy) love story and into something steamy. well. not steamy. maybe...misty? give it some sort of condensation.

Ágætis byrjun
(which means "an all right start")

somehow, i come across the cyber-journaling site of xanga. i recall coming across my friend brandon's xanga, freakina, which was supposed to be like "freakin A" but he forgot the underscore so i always pronounced it like i would "christina." anyway, sadly his site is no more (may it r.i.p) but its legacy lives on for introducing me to the geekdom that would introduce me to my hursburand.

via this "xanga" as we called it, i came across this dude and ended up chatting on AIM (dear pete, could we get any lamer??? the answer is "yes"). after scuba class one night in the winter/spring of 2005, we all went to monjunis to partake in tasty comestibles. this dude (i'll just call him "the dude" cause it'll make hubs proud to see a big lebowski reference)... so the dude is at monjunis under mounds and mounds of hair. we're talking moptop, my friends. i think he's someone else. he texts me after he leaves asking what i'm doing ( i gave him my number?!?! me = desperate) and i tell him where i'm at. he's all like, "wiggity wha i just left there!" i'm all like "wiggity wha wha i thought that was you!" again still thinking he's someone else.

he invites me to go watch a movie at a friend's. at 3 am. i shower. don't dry my hair. don't put on make-up. don't have a hope of looking like an actual human person.

upon climbing in his truck (yeah he didn't even get out), i realize he's not who i thought i saw at monjunis. panic rises in my chest as i realize that i have gotten in a vehicle with an almost total stranger. whose hair was bigger than mine. i pressed on.

we watched "eternal sunshine of the spotless mind" and i didn't fall asleep. the dude tells me to change majors before i get any dumber. i decide that maybe there won't be a second middle-of-the-night rendezvous.

the next day, i go to his xanga (shoot me now) to leave a comment. something snarky and wenchy i'm sure. and alas, what do i see? a comment from a boy...with the rosiest cheeks...and shiniest hair...he was my seth cohen. who, at the time, i was totally jonesing for.

so i comment on dream boy's xanga because that's what dignified women did in 2005. and what's more dignified than that? my comment said that i thought he "looked hot."

brazen, brazen hussy.

our xanga relationship ended when we were introduced to the magnanimous creation that is facebook. where thousands, hundreds, of messages were exchanged.

we finally met at the frothy monkey on june 18, 2005 after my friend heather's wedding. i was wearing one of leigh-ann's dresses. and her shoes. he was wearing a yellow t-shirt that said "venezula" on it and it will forever remain in my closet drawer.

he didn't like me.

but...

love does not give up so easy...

more later...

3 comments:

  1. Ahahhahaha sweet moses I love you. Brazen hussy hoebag or not. I remember, in the house behind TCBY, coming home one night to you and Matt sitting at the kitchen table. I told you later he was hot. You agreed.

    When did that fall on the Matt-Sommer timeline?

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's why i had to stop...i have to get the timeline straight before i can move on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice...love the new design. -- Judith

    ReplyDelete