Monday, July 20, 2009

Sommatt...Mattommer...?

i've been meaning to continue with my meaningless saccharine drivel for the last few days, but life got in the way. and by life, i mean a juan's margarita, a cannoli from brocato's (go there or DIE!), and seeing dredg at house of blues where we were complimented but probably in a less than ideal way. anywho...

i left off on the stellar note of matt not liking me.

i was working in el dorado that summer (blow my brains out, man) and made a trip back to ruston one weekend after our initial meeting for a rousing game of dominoes. matt, myself, chris hall, my dear friend jeremy, and the washers were in attendance. i don't remember who won but i'm sure i had last place firmly locked.

and that's the night things got steamy...



NOT.

i left on a family vacation to hawaii at the end of august and promised to bring matt some kona coffee. he in turn brought me some brazilian coffee. the goods were exchanged in the doorway of 901 cook street. i wasn't sure if he wanted to come in, so like a true moron, we held a very extended convo on the doorstep until leigh-ann shoved me out the door and closed it to keep the cool air in.

and that's when we shared...


our first coffee exchange.

luckily, katrina and rita had come through to ruin our lives for a while. that fall i got distracted by a couple of other boys, yet continued my constant, constant texting with matt.

january of 2006 i decide to take myself off the market with some other dude. and then 6 weeks later when i was diagnosed with MS, he never spoke to me again (he was a real gem).

however. matt knew the ultimate cure for MS. ben and jerry's.
which involved him picking me up in his 3000 GT that i loved more than any human baby. and then driving to super 1. where, in the freezer, sat a pint of dublin mudslide. the stuff dreams are made of.

it was shared at our kitchen table. and it was at this point that my roomie, misti, began giving me the "knowing look." you know...the sly smile that shows they know there's a love connection but you deny it til the earth looks flat (we're just friends!) because it's what society teaches us...

she may have been right...

i'll end this installment by sharing the night i cooked matt dinner. and i recently found out that before he came over for dinner, he gorged himself on oreos in case he didn't like it.

BUT! he did like it. and he drank all my chocolate almond milk...

3 comments:

  1. yessss it's about time!

    more than any human baby? ahahahaha

    and dublin mudslide changes lives, i swear it!

    i can't believe he prefilled on oreos...where's the love matt.

    i like mattmer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute story! i'm loving that he filled up on oreos "just in case"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I am glad that everyone likes the oreo story, it is a total fabrication. I did not eat a bunch of oreos because I thought I would not like your cooking.

    The true reason is that when I am in possession of a package of oreos, I cannot stop myself from eating them until that package is empty. It might be a medical condition, Im not sure, I keep asking the doctors at work but they keep joking around and saying it isnt.

    Anyways, that is the true reason, as anyone who has seen me with oreos can verify.

    Also I am certain that I went to el super uno and purchased my ice cream alone, and then called you on my way to your house. Way before MS, maybe even before Hawaii. Although there was a second time that we did go get ice cream so that may be what you are thinking, but Im pretty sure that time we ate it at my place.

    ReplyDelete