Monday, September 14, 2009

pictures and a recipe

my depression glass teacups...i've suddenly become obsessed with collecting antique glass




jadite measuring cup/juicer...it houses the orange spice tea (recipe to follow)



where ella can be found while i'm getting ready in the mornings



when she's not playing skip-bo




behold...two beautiful cannolis. *drool


and in honor of the fall...ness, i've included the recipe for the orange spice tea mix that really, really, really makes me happy.

Orange Spice Tea
Equal parts
-unsweetened, unflavored instant tea (i had to get nestea (sp?) but my mother-in-law recommends lipton)
- Tang
- Country Time Lemonade mix
- sugar

Combine and add in whatever spices you like. i use lots of cinnamon and a sprinkle of cloves, pumpkin pie spice and allspice.

Add approx. 3 spoonfuls to a mug of hot water and raise your hands in celebration.

it's the ultimate comfort drink.

3 comments:

  1. Hot damn...the cannoli...oh my. I have a similar spice tea recipe; it's legit. Ella is a doll. And I love depression glass. I have a couple of pink pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have spice tea from last year...wonder if it's still good?

    ReplyDelete