Thursday, October 1, 2009

The College Years

because this weather makes me long (ache, actually) for those wistful tech days, i've decided to do a series of posts about my college memoirs. mainly so that i can go back and read them and get warm fuzzies. and also because most of you are involved in some way...

lesseeee....

FRESHMEAT YEAR

i lived in an apartment on california with my bro's (then) girlfriend. i went home EV-VER-RY WEEK-END. mainly for my sanity. i was so lonely! i would sit in my car outside of GTM (ah! such an ugly building!) and just cry and cry before my 8am class cause i was so lonely. hence going home every weekend. and we're talking thursday night through monday morning weekend. in hindsight, that was pretty much stupid.

ahh but that spring i came alive! i made friends! friends who i still have to this day... and i managed to cram the following huge volume of awesome into 6 short weeks:

.spent a night at "the hill" with a group of people who were strangers to me while driving there but close friends when we drove back

.got locked inside the bcm til 3am...but when there's bean bags i won't complain.

.played what i thought was an awesome prank that ended with me driving my car into a field goal post...? (misti, it was when leigh-ann and i stole scott sutton's car and he avenged his honor by stealing all the tvs and computers from leigh-ann's house).

.i had twirp dates! not dates that were twirps, but dates for twirp week.

.fostered a budding romance that fizzled by the next fall quarter (c'est la vie!)

.on my gosh, that was when the frothy monkey was across from nethken hall. it was nethken, wasn't it? i'm so old.

.i was a student worker in the department of economics and finance. i pissed around on the internet when there weren't tests to copy or envelopes to stuff. but it paid my ($175!!!) rent.

in may i went home to work at brookshire's. certified cashier, thank you very much. that was actually a great summer...

also, freshmen year is pimento loaf compared to the prime rib that was sophomore-grad school years...

2 comments:

  1. What happened to the other years? =) Or are they all crammed up in there?

    I remember when Frothy was in walking distance from the campus. I wish they had a second shop there, too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went through the same pissy lonely time my freshman year. Bleh! It got so much better! And you two always were some serious prankstas! Scutton has nothin' on y'all. $175 rent...ungodly...

    ReplyDelete