Thursday, January 7, 2010

achey joints

thanks to this frigid weather. and my age.

i've definitely noticed a change in my "wine palate" over the last year or so. i used to only be able to handle the distinctly sweet ones...particularly moscatos and white zins. now i could drink those puppies like juice...or milk...or sprite. drier is definitely better. particularly a pinot grigio from new zealand. brancott, i think. screw top is the way to go!

so i'm watching the bcs championship and there's this tiny knot in my stomach now that mccoy is hurt. i'm sure the rest of you are all "RTR! RTR!" but i just can't bring myself to cheer for the tide for two reasons:

1) john parker wilson's grade A loins are no longer around for me to gawk at.
2) saban ABANDONED us to go to bama. we're all still bitter, nick. nick satan.

i'm excited to break out my new creuset pots this weekend and make some white chili. i'll need something warm in my tummy since it's been so cold lately that ella's pee freezes before it even hits the ground.

if you know someone doesn't like you, do you still make an effort to like them? i find it hard. and sometimes i don't have any interest in being the bigger person (confession!).

i didn't need to put a period there.

another picture of my niece because i think she's preeeshy.

you're probably gonna be seeing a lot of these over the next few weeks/months. years.

2 comments:

  1. hahahaha nick satan! he just radiates pure warmth doesn't he? i'm a tide fan by birth but saban does give me the heebie-jeebies.

    i made white chili the other day!!!!!!!! we bought a block of jack cheese and shredded the whole thing in there...it was heaven on a spoon

    ok. i am going to tell my BWE: best wine ever. you may have tried it already. it's a red table wine called menage a trois. it's around $8 a bottle and you can get it at sams or most liquor stores. it is amazing for the price. in fact i was watching the today show, and they had some exec chefs on there pick the best wines under $20 and menage a trois was #1. BWE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not worth being this cold if it doesn't snow.

    I don't think I watched much of the BCS bowl...but I ate a lot of chips and dip...and cookies...and king cake...

    ReplyDelete