Monday, January 4, 2010

i refuse to call it "twenty ten"

the everetts aren't really known for their big new years eve plans. this year was no different. a few close friends, champagne, and fondue was all we needed. and some fireworks.

i had to do an inventory count at a client today and the inventory manager hugged me when i told her that the one item she couldn't find didn't matter. i've never had a client hug me. it was nice. cause it was a woman. and not a grody man.

the other person helping us was a precious little black man named herman. herman! so great.

i decided to lift up the chain surrounding the parking lot in downtown nola on saturday instead of ducking under it and by doing so i think i pulled a chesticle. it was deceptively heavy. and downtown was infested with florida fans from the sugar bowl.

luckily, none of them knew where one of our fave hole in the wall restaurants is (it only has about 4 tables so i prefer it to stay under wraps). i was able to enjoy my pear brandy and champagne in peace. and dine on pulled pork and slaw atop a jalapeno-corn pancake. or flapjack? and sweet potato biscuits with red pepper jelly.

*drool. DROOOL.

last but not least, on new years eve our little niece was born. she's uber cute. my bro skyped me last night and set his laptop in her bassinet so i could talk to her.

look how preshy...


her name is eden. and she looks just like my brother. who looks a lot like me. so basically she looks like me.

i'm convinced.

2 comments:

  1. I love that Eden is already sleeping a LSU Tiger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful niece.

    we were in bed asleep by 12:30 on New Years Eve. we're not the partying-est bunch.

    ReplyDelete