Tuesday, January 26, 2010

in honor of my still raspy voice...

it's tuesday and i still can't talk all that great. it reminds of phoebe's "sexy phlegm."

my sticky shoes...my sticky sticky shoes

and i have every intention of losing my voice altogether on february 7th. we've already planned to congregate at the same location, bring the same food and wear the same clothes as we did for the nfc. oh, and bring ella. my wittle good luck charm.

once the game was over, everyone in mid-city was on their porches or in the streets cheering and shooting fireworks. cars were all honking and strangers were hugging and others were coming up with creative ways to hug themselves. my heart swelled with pride.

so. with that being said. i felt compelled to list a reason or two why i love new orleans. and if you're sick of hearing about new orleans, whether good or bad, then just humor me. i don't get excited very often.

where to begin...

-the food. THE food. THE FOOD. it's unbelievable. seriously, i've taken some first bites at a few places here and my eyes literally welled up. please come eat at brigtsen's. and dante's kitchen. and jacques-imo's. and green goddess.

-elizabeth's praline bacon deserves its own spot on the list.

-abita beer, sazeracs, gin fizz...

-shotgun houses, the garden district, audubon park

- you're a dead giveaway as a tourist if you properly say "calliope" and "burgundy." but only when referencing the streets.

-it's "cal-ee-ohp" and "bur-GUN-dee"

-brocato's cannolis. they bring me to tears often.

-krewe of muses

-tons and TONS of festivals.

-the shopping on magazine st.

-that i can take ella basically everywhere

-3 martini fridays. and there was one or two margarita tuesdays.

-second lines

-street performers

-king cakes, beignets and everything at sucre'

-prytania theater

-beads in the trees and on the powerlines year round

i could go on but it's time for idol. omg avril lavigne, i loooove you!

NOT.

see ya later, boy.

-

2 comments:

  1. Somebody at work told me I looked like Avril. And he said it like it was supposed to flatter me. I gave him my worst eat shit look ever.

    But I also get told at LEAST twice a week at work that I look like Jewel. Im more okay with that. Except for her messed up grill. Hellooo...invisiline. Shes not homeless anymore, why not get some braces.

    Um...anyway, haha...I also love all those things about NO. Everytime we visit Alans family down there or my friend Kristin, I love it more.

    When I stayed with Marli in BR we would drive over there twice a week just so we could take our dogs to eat in the French Quarter.

    Like I said...New Orleans suits you! I am so glad you are happy there.

    What would you do without my long comments...probably sleep peacefully, eh?

    p.s. i JUST watched the sexy pleghm ep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post. Makes me want to go back and live in New Orleans.

    But...we'll stay here and keep the Cat 5 hurricanes away for y'all...

    ReplyDelete