Wednesday, April 21, 2010

and soon...

i have an infinitely long mental list of things i'm gonna do when i have a job again. it grows every day.

- buy pumpkin pancake mix
- and new dirt pans for the stove
- stop watching river monsters
- go to starbucks
- treat my car to a tank of premium
- find a concert to go to
- join city bark so ella won't be so socially maladjusted
- buy wine that's more than $6
- go to the dentist (does cobra cover than? mental note...)
(i'm watching people shoot up on "addicted" and it's grossing me out. OUT.)

*shudder

i had another snoball at hansen's today. half cream of coconut and half spearmint. the only thing i've had that compares is shave ice in hawaii. sorry, little red trailer snowcone stand in ruston.

on beautiful days where it's sunny but still cool and i'm sitting outside with friends eating snoballs deep, deep in new orleans, i'm reminded how much i love it here. i love saying i live in new orleans.

sometimes i feel like i'm in the minority on that.

2 comments:

  1. No fair. I want to live somewhere cool and interesting and fun! Boooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, a few things:

    1) That snowcones from the reds trailer in Ruston taste like they have pebbles in them...I thought I chipped a molar once.

    2) I was thinking after our miniature text conversation earlier and had a brilliant idea thanks to you...bananas foster cupcake with rum glaze. cupcakes based on mixed drinks. margarita, strawberry daquiri, pina colada, irish coffee, white russian...oh dear, have I gone overboard? It sounded so perfect during my mid afternoon coffee break.

    3) I have been rewatching season 1 of The O.C. while I get ready in the mornings and it makes me miss you SO! I watched the Goodbye Girl ep this morning, that one always makes me think of you for some reason.

    Your weekly novel blog comment,
    Love, T

    ReplyDelete